With this initiative, the organizing entities want to facilitate the creation of artistic networks, promote the mobility of national creators abroad, encourage creative production through the offer of residences for creators and culture professionals in all areas and strengthen the links between cultural institutions of Korea and Spain.
Deadline: 16 April 2016
The residency for the chosen Spanish author includes:
- Return flights, in economy class, from the author’s home city in Spain to South Korea.
- Accommodation at the Toji Cultural Foundation.
- Meals at the Toji Cultural Foundation dining hall:
- From Mondays to Fridays (working days): breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Working Saturdays: only breakfast and lunch.
- The dining hall is closed on Saturday evenings, Sundays and holidays. Dinner on Saturdays and breakfast, lunch and dinner on Sundays and holidays will be at the Spanish resident’s own expense.
- Internet access and library services, including the loan of books and research material from the library of Yonsei University Wonju Campus.
- Any other expenses not listed above will be borne and managed by the Spanish resident selected.
· Be older than 18.
· Be of Spanish nationality or hold a NIE (foreigners’ ID number) issued by the Spanish Ministry of the Interior.
· Have published at least one book with a professional publisher.
Have a B1 level (European framework) command of English or Korean.
· Once the decision has been announced, the selected writer must submit of a copy of their personal ID and prove they have medical insurance to cover any medical contingencies that may arise during the residency.
For the organisers to be able to assess the applications, applicants must submit the following documentation in Spanish and, preferably, also in English:
· Signed application form agreeing to the conditions of the call for applications.
· Description of the project they are going to work on during the residency: maximum 10,000 characters accompanied by four full consecutive pages of the project (the dossier must be submitted in electronic form).
· Curriculum vitae.
· Cover letter.
· Photograph(s) of the published book(s).
· Press dossier (optional). More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and submission of proposals, please write to: email@example.com indicating in the subject "Writers' Residence Toji Cultural Foundation". In the case of heavy files (over 3 MB), please use the Wetransfer.com platform or similar.
Evaluation of the proposals.
A valuation committee organized by AC / E will pre-select a maximum of 3 projects, which will be evaluated by the Toji Cultural Foundation, the entity that will carry out the final selection, without any recourse to it.
The Valuation Committee may declare the call void if it considers that none of the submitted papers has sufficient merit.