During it, Raquel Meyers developed a personal animation project that consists of a short film of 20 to 60 seconds.
‘Inattention’ is a #Teletext based animation made by Raquel Meyers at the Residency Irudika 2020 and, it was finished in confinement on May 3, 2020, in Angoulême.
Watch vídeo in Youtube>
The residence was distributed in the following stages and places:
- Phase 1: VITORIA-GASTEIZ. ZAS SPACE. February 6, 2020.
- Phase 2: BILBAO. From February 7 to March 4, 2020. FUNDACIÓN BILBAOARTE FUNDAZIOA.
- Phase 3: ANGULEMA. From March 4 to 27, 2020. MAISON DES AUTEURS DE ANGOULÊME (France).
- Phase 4: BILBAO. From March 27 to April 5, 2020 at the BILBAOARTE FUNDAZIOA FOUNDATION, with possible visit to the BILNA CHILDREN’S BOOK FAIR (from March 30 to April 2, 2020)
- Phase 5: VITORIA. From April 5 to 7, 2020. FUNDACIÓN VITAL FUNDAZIOA.
Raquel Meyers (Cartagena, 1977) is an artist who defines her practice as expanded typing (KYBDslöjd) which consists of text characters and reticles becoming a brutal language, a tacit form of knowledge without immediate satisfaction. Her work aims to be a challenge against passivity, boredom and simplicity with technologies of the past such as C64, teletext and the typewriter.
Since 2004 his work has been shown in art centers, galleries and festivals such as LABoral, Transmediale, Xpo Gallery, Ars Electronica, Vector Festival, La Casacend, IVAM, Matadero, BilbaoArte, iMAL, Liste Art Fair Basel, The Wrong, La Gaîté lyrique, Tokyo Blip Festival, Square Sounds Melbourne, VISION'R, Mapping, Cimatics, LEV, MFRU, BEK, Haus der Kulturen der Welt, MID_E, among others. See full CV >