Acción Cultural Española (AC/E) co-organizes a new programme of artistic residencies together with (S8) Mostra Internacional de Cinema Periférico and LIFT-Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto. All those born or resident in Spain willing to create an analogic film at the LIFT facilities in Canada will be eligible for the program, which will last between 4 and 6 weeks.
Applicants must be of Spanish nationality or hold a NIE (foreigners’ ID number) issued by the Spanish Ministry of the Interior, with an acredited artistic with an accredited artistic trajectory, who wish to realize an cinematographic project in analog format. Candidates must prove their knowledge of English language in their CV. Applications will be submitted individually with a maximum of one application per holder. Each application will be presented in two versions, English and Spanish.
The residency dates can be selected for a period of for ininterrumpled weeks from November 2017 to April 2018. Under no circumstances can the stay be split.
The registration will be made completing the online form and attaching the following documentation in a single PDF document (maximum 10 pages):
- A description of the project they are going to work on during the residency: a text of 10,000 characters at most, accompanied by drawings, sketches and designs and three complete consecutive pages of the project. Explanation of the motivation for attending a residency in Toronto, also indicating the estimated duration and the preferred period for it.
- A calendar
- Graphic material for a better explanation of the project.
- A curriculum vitae (maximum one page)
- Technical and production needs
The closing date for submitting entries is 27 August. The selected applicant will be made public from September 4 in the webs of the organizers.
The residency will take place at the Lift Toronto and includes:
- Trip to Toronto and back from Spain.
- Medical Insurance during the residency period.
- 400 euros for each residency week for expenses.
- Use of a workshop (personal or collective) equipped with techinical equipment. material for graphic creation at the Maison des Auteurs in Angoulême.
- Technical and professional assistance for the project.
Online form >