The Toji Cultural Foundation has an extensive programme of grants for creation and cultural exchange to enable writers in residence focus on their work. Every year the foundation, in collaboration with organisations of various countries, plays host to nearly 90 writers in residence who are chosen according to strict selection criteria.
The deadline for applications ended at 23:59 on 10 January 2016, Spanish time. The three shorlisted authors were Paula Bozalongo, Antonio Tabares and Nuria Barrios.
The residency for the chosen Spanish author includes:
- Return flights, in economy class, from the author’s home city in Spain to South Korea.
- Accommodation at the Toji Cultural Foundation.
- Meals at the Toji Cultural Foundation dining hall:
- From Mondays to Fridays (working days): breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Working Saturdays: only breakfast and lunch.
- The dining hall is closed on Saturday evenings, Sundays and holidays.
Dinner on Saturdays and breakfast, lunch and dinner on Sundays and holidays will be at the Spanish resident’s own expense.
- Internet access and library services, including the loan of books and research material from the library of Yonsei University Wonju Campus.
- Any other expenses not listed above will be borne and managed by the Spanish resident selected.
· Be older than 18.
· Be of Spanish nationality or hold a NIE (foreigners’ ID number) issued by the Spanish Ministry of the Interior.
· Have published at least one book with a professional publisher.
· Have a B1 level (European framework) command of English or Korean.
· Once the decision has been announced, the selected writer must submit of copy of their personal ID and prove they have medical insurance to cover any medical contingencies that may arise during the residency.
For the organisers to be able to assess the applications, applicants must submit the following documentation in Spanish and, preferably, also in English:
· Signed application form agreeing to the conditions of the call for applications.
· Description of the project they are going to work on during the residency: maximum 10,000 characters accompanied by four full consecutive pages of the project (the dossier must be submitted in electronic form).
· Curriculum vitae.
· Cover letter.
· Photograph(s) of the published book(s).
· Press dossier (optional).
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org