is the artist selected by the jury for a residency at SOMA (Mexico). This residency, organized by Acción Cultural Española (AC/E) and SOMA, allows a Spanish artist to research and develop artistic production during two months, between October and November 2019, in Mexico.
SOMA is a Mexican non-profit organization dedicated to the cultural exchange and teaching of the arts created more than a decade ago by a group of artists. It is a space for reflection where members and participants have the opportunity to critically review their proposals and where the review of the creative process is encouraged. SOMA supports residents with a program of contacts, visits to their workshop, supervision and guidance, as well as organizing their participation in one of the so-called "SOMA Wednesdays" and offering them the opportunity to participate in the educational program of the institution.
Call for applications ended on July 13, 2019.
Creators / as born or residents in Spain, with a consolidated artistic career (half career) will be able to participate in the call.
The duration of the residency will be two months, October and November 2019. If the resident will be absent during the agreed dates without any relevant justification, the stay and the grants granted in each case may be canceled, including the refund of the amount of your ticket to Mexico.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Registration will be made by sending emails to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is essential that in the SUBJECT of the mail it be indicated: "Call SOMA - AC/E".
They must attach the following documentation in a single PDF document (maximum 10 MEGAS):
1. Personal information // - Full name // - Date of birth // - Nationality // - Passport number // - Current address // - Mobile phone number // - E-mail // - Website
2. Portfolio: Brief description of the work you have done during the last three years. It is COMPULSORY to present the portfolio in PDF format, including the images in it.
3. Curriculum Vitae.
4. A letter of motivation that summarizes the interest for which you want to make residency in SOMA and the objective of the artistic research you want to develop or complement during your residency: What would SOMA contribute to the creative process you want to develop? What kind of relationships and activities would you like to develop in SOMA with the aim of enhancing your creative process and artistic research?
The applicants accredit the originality and authorship of the projects that they present and guarantee that they legitimately hold all the intellectual property rights over them, expressly exempting the institutions that call this residence from any liability for damages that may be caused in this respect. .
Without prejudice to the documentation requested for participation, in the case of overcoming the selection process, the following will be requested:
• Copy of D.N.I / N.I.E.
• Responsible declaration of not being subject to any of the prohibitions to contract provided for in article 71 of Law 9/2017 of November 8, on Contracts of the Public Sector, by which the European Parliament Directives are transposed into Spanish law. and of the Council 2014/23 / EU, of February 26, 2014.
Applications may be submitted until 23:59 (GMT + 1) on July 13, 2019. No application received after the deadline will be accepted.
The selected candidate will be contacted directly by the program coordinator and must confirm acceptance in writing within 7 working days of notification.
The candidatures will be valued by a commission composed of a minimum of three members of the convening institutions. The decision will be unappealable. The Valuation Commission will resolve any circumstance not foreseen in these bases and may declare the call void.
By the mere fact of presenting themselves to the call, the participants accept these rules. In the event that a previously awarded application must be withdrawn, the candidate must notify it in advance.
The residency will be held at the SOMA facilities in Mexico City and includes the following services that will be managed directly by SOMA:
- Round trip to Mexico from the place of residence in Spain, in economy class.
- Accommodation provided with a workshop during the two months of your stay.
- Advising (suggested by SOMA according to the artistic research project presented by the resident in his application),
- Organization of a workshop and / or delivery of a "Wednesday of the SOMA" by the resident.
- Medical insurance during your stay.
- For the maintenance and production, an amount of 1,000 is established