Matías Candeira (Madrid, 1984) is a writer, screenwriter, teacher of literary creation and coordinator of the Reading Clubs in public libraries of the Community of Madrid. Author of the novel "Fiebre" (Candaya, 2015) and the illustrated book "La segunda vida" (Aristas Martínez, 2014), has also published four storybooks: "Ya no estaremos aquí" (Madrid, Editorial Salto de Página), "La soledad de los ventrílocuos" (Tropo editores, 2009), "Antes de las jirafas" (Páginas de espuma, 2011) and "Todo irá bien" (Salto de página, 2013), and participated in various collective works. Throughout his career he has received several awards such as the Narrative INJUVE, Ignacio Aldecoa Story Award, Young Creators Contest of the Madrid City Council or the International Tomás Fermín de Arteta Narrative Prize, and he has been a scholar at the Antonio Gala Foundation And the Han Nefkens Foundation.
The residency includes travel to Paris, subsistence expenses and accommodation in the Cité des Arts.
Candidates must be over 18 and be Spanish nationals or in possession of a N.I.E. (Identification Number for Foreigners) issued by the Spanish Ministry of the Interior; have published at least one book with a professional publishing house; and have a basic knowledge of the French language and culture.
Applications must include the following documentation:
· Application form, properly filled in and signed by the candidate (print, sign, scan and send it).
· Cover letter
· Description of the project on which they are going to work during the residency (maximum 2,000 characters).
· Biographical and literary CV indicating, among other data, biographical details, education, published works (title, genre, place of publication, publisher, date of publication, number of pages), prizes and distinctions received, as well as other grants or funding previously awarded.
· Press dossier highlighting the most salient aspects.
· An example of at least one of their published works (preferably the most recent).
· Others (specify). Proposals must be sent in pdf format to: email@example.com indicating as a reference “Residencia Escritores Cité des Arts París”.
Please use WeTransfer.com or a similar platform to send very large files.
The printed example of the book should be sent to Ainhoa Sánchez Mateo at Acción Cultural Española (AC/E). Calle José Abascal 4, 4 planta. 28003 Madrid and, like the rest of the documentation.