Alejandro Galindo has illustrated children's and youth books with publishers such as Galimatazo, OQO, Thierry Magnier, Ocean Editions, Edebé, Oxford University Press and Arte Público Press, among others. Occasionally he gives illustration workshops for children together with the writer Emmanuel Bourdier. (European School of Brussels, 2020)
He has won the Murcia-Joven Award for the best comic strip (1991), the Apel-les Mestres Award together with the writer Marisa López Soria (2014), the Illustration Award from the Sharjah International Book Fair, UEA (2017) and the Astiberri Comic Prize - Cabildo Gran Canaria, Spain (2018).
This was the ANNOUNCEMENT
Submission of applications: until September 7, 2020.
Results: 19 November 2020
Conditions to be eligible for residence:
All those individuals with the ability to act, over 18 years of age and with Spanish nationality or in possession of the N.I.E. (Foreign Identity Number, granted by the Ministry of the Interior of Spain).
The candidate must have an accredited career as a graphic creator and may not have already been the beneficiary of a residence at the Maison des Auteurs de Angoulême.
The selected resident will have:
Travel from the city of residence in Spain to Angoulême and return (train tickets or economy class plane).
Accommodation in the center of Angoulême (electricity, gas and water expenses on behalf of the residents)
Availability of a workshop (personal or collective) equipped with graphic creation material at the Maison des Auteurs (The House of Authors) in Angoulême.
An amount of 1,000 euros per month destined to cover their living expenses, local transportation, water, gas and electricity consumption. The eventual expenses of material or transport of works will be borne by those selected.
January - June 2021.
To assess the awarding of aid, candidates must submit:
- Request form>
- A graphic novel book project, narrative in nature with an approximate timeline for completion.
- Description of the project to be worked on in the residence, with a maximum length of 10,000 characters, accompanied by drawings, sketches, designs.
- Three consecutive and complete pages of the project (presentation of the dossier on computer support).
- Curriculum vitae, attaching some of his most representative works.
- A letter of motivation.
- Affidavit that the candidate is the sole author of the works presented.
- Interested persons should send their application to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org including in the subject: Graphic Novel Residence.
In the case of heavy files (greater than 3 MB), they must be sent through the Wetransfer.com platform or similar. All applications that exceed 3MB and are not received through one of these platforms, will be rejected and will not be taken into account for the selection that is the subject of this call.
A jury called by AC/E will pre-select among all the applications received. Subsequently, the jury of La Maison des Auteurs de Angoulême will select the final candidate from this shortlist and will formalize the residence conditions directly with the chosen one. The jury's decision will be final.