Laia Amigó and Carla Alcalà Badias are the Spanish residents selected to carry out a fully funded residency at Domaine de Boisbuchet from May 29 to July 9, 2023.
Carla Alcalá (1997), is an industrial design engineer and art researcher currently based in the city of Madrid (Spain). Through a deep focus on material culture and an approach to feminist philosophy, her practice explores the ideological and social aspects of the impact of contemporary technologies to propose visions of the world that aim at well-being. The works she produces result from the interaction between ancient craft skills, mechanical and electronic hardware, and software.
Laia Amigó Badías is a designer and artist based in Barcelona. Her work focuses mainly on ceramics. Throughout her career, she has aspired to become a skilled designer capable of creating unique and meaningful designs. Her specialization in ceramics has allowed her to explore and develop her creativity and vision. She creates pieces that merge art and design, with the aim of giving value to the everyday objects that surround us.
The residence has the support of Acción Cultural Española. Domaine de Boisbuchet has a campus surrounded by 150 hectares of protected nature in the southwest of France and an architectural park of historic and contemporary buildings. Residents can take advantage of all the work and accommodation facilities of the Domaine, from its 150 hectares of forest, pastures, a river, a lake and uncontaminated fauna and flora; of its architectural park, its vast library, archive and collection; and above all from his experience and network after 30 years organizing workshops, events, exhibitions and many other cultural activities with institutions and people from all over the world. The residence program can be complemented with the usual series of activities that take place in Boisbuchet, such as exhibitions, guided tours, workshops, presentations, talks, debates, conferences, etc.
Application deadline: Friday, March 31, 2023.
The Residence includes:
- Access to a fully accessible workshop at Domaine de Boisbuchet.
- A wide variety of studio and exhibition spaces for residents to work in.
- Accommodation and full-board meals during the entire stay.
- Basic living expenses (300 EUR).
- The amount of 1200 EUR in concept of production support.
- Economy return flights from the resident’s home city to France and train ticket from/to Poitiers train station (up to 600.00 EUR).
- Administrative and curatorial support from Domaine de Boisbuchet.
- A public presentation/lecture during the residency.
- Studio visits by curators, artists or critics invited by Domaine de Boisbuchet.
- Inclusion of the resident’s project on the website of Domaine de Boisbuchet (www.boisbuchet.org)
Selection and Eligibility
The residency is open to designers and architects working in all disciplines. Applicants must submit a project proposal within their application, outlining their specific research interests and intentions for the residency. Applicants must have at least a moderate level of spoken English.
Residents will be selected based on their applications. A selection committee made up of Domaine de Boisbuchet's Head of Research, as well as AC/E's Head of Design/Architecture, will select the candidate based on the quality of their work and their potential to achieve the most of the program. Selected candidates will be notified on Friday, April 14, 2023.
1. Applicants must send an email to email@example.com before Friday, March 31, 2023, at the latest at 11:59 p.m. (CEST) including a proposal of up to 8 pages in PDF format. The size of this document must not exceed 15 Mb. The email must indicate the subject "Residencia Boisbuchet AC/E 2022".
> See all conditions and application
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.